Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I MADE IT

Daniel Fast...In The Books
I made it 21 days without any
  • Carbonated drinks
  • Bacon
  • Caffeine
  • Meat
  • Milk
  • Desserts
  • Bacon
  • Eggs
Twice while eating out I ate something that had some cheese in it. Since I am not under the Law but under Grace (hallelujah!), it didn't bother me much. Otherwise, it was 21 days without milk products.

Observations
  1. If you are desparate for an answer from God, or for a spiritual breakthrough, I recommend a complete fast rather than a partial fast. Even though I stayed hungry for 21 days, I was never desparately hungry.

  2. Be sure to have a scripture passage that you are trying to memorize. When you think of how hungry you are, you need to let the hunger prompt you to recite scripture or pray.

  3. In the same way, know exactly why you are fasting. The hunger will point you away from yourself and hopefully it will point you toward seeking first the kingdom of God.

  4. It is too easy for a fast to become all about you. You are hungry, you are losing weight. The devil will tempt you to whine about your condition, and conversely to feel pride about what you are doing. The fast consumes your thoughts, which may end up dominating your conversation. I often prayed Psalm 73:25, "Whom do I have in heaven but You, and there is nothing in this world I desire beside You." I think this verse has now replaced 1 Chronicles 26:18 (KJV) as my life verse.


I'm not going to tell you what I had for my first meal after completing the daniel fast, but it included ground up beef carcass, strips of swine flesh, and processed cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment