Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Ate Tofu!

Daniel Fast Update
I have completed 10 days of a one-meal-per-day daniel fast. If my purpose were the same as Daniel and the three Hebrew children, the fast was successful. I have lost 15 pounds, am breathing better, have more stamina, am basically in better health than before I started. I have stuck to a vegan diet for my one meal, except for a couple of necessary departures.

Thank You
I don't know how many people are reading this (besides my two children and my wife!), but I know that blogging my progress has helped keep me on track. If I had cheated on my fast, I would have to admit it here, and I didn't want to have to do that. So thank you for being there for me, all of you out there in Blogland.

And So It Continues
I said in a previous post that a Daniel chapter one (D1) fast is different from a Daniel chapter 10 (D10) fast. I have completed the first phase of my fast, the one that was about my health. The next phase is not necessarily limited to a vegan diet, but just to no meat and no rich foods (no alcohol either, but I haven't had a slug of likker in 38 years anyway). The emphasis from here on out is going to be earnestly to seek the heart of God. I am expecting an angel to appear at the end of 21 days to tell me what I can expect. Just kidding. No, I'm not. God can do what He wants. I will seek Him and praise Him and accept from His hand whatever He wills.

Vegan Adventure
I bought an Amy's brand vegan breakfast burrito made with tofu. I have always been able to avoid tofu; someone told me long ago that "tofu" is short for "toe fungus." But it isn't. It wasn't bad. It wasn't very good, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment