Monday, April 5, 2010

It Looks Like Daniel

I am starting a daniel fast today.

According to Daniel 10:2, the prophet Daniel spent 21 days without eating any

  • rich food
  • meat
  • wine

Until recently I did not know that churches across the world were holding corporate daniel fasts. These fasts usually are held at the start of a new year (like Daniel did his fast). If you read my last post, I contend that Jesus was fasting during the meeting with the woman at the well, as told in John chapter 4. Jesus told his disciples that he had food you know not of.

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOME OF THAT FOOD!

That has led me to explore the different types of fasts in the Bible. If I am going to write about them, I need to experience them.

Please pray for me for the next 21 days! I do not know if I have the discipline to make it through, so I need your prayers.

I will be fasting and praying
  • for wisdom.
  • for God to show me his will.
  • for some in my church family who have some pressing needs.
  • for the ability to stay on task with my writing.
  • for my son and his family as they start a new church.
  • for your needs if you let me know of them!


If you send me a prayer request, please let me know if you want me to include it in my next post, or keep it private.


If you are participating in a daniel fast at this time, please leave a comment on this post or contact me by email. I would be greatly helped by your encouragement.

I will be posting almost daily about what God is showing me

No comments:

Post a Comment